Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

About a month ago Travis started running and was only going about 3 miles a couple times a week. Then Bill called one night and needed a running partner because he was training for the 1/2 marathon and wanted to run 7 miles. Travis can't ever turn down a challenge so he said sure and ended up deciding that if he could run seven he could run 13??? A little bit of a difference, but he was determined. He ended up doing it and even doing it under 2 hours which was his goal! Way to go!!! Don't mind the dorky headbands! They thought they were so funny. I wish I would have gotten a picture of both of them with them on.
His sister Shari has been running forever and was so bummed on Monday when she sprained her ankle on a rock while running at night. Don't worry there happened to be a cop and some other cars there. So the cop turned on his lights managing to make an embarrassing situation even worse! Anyways on Friday she decided that she couldn't miss out on the fun?! So she ended up running on her sprained ankle and was hoping she could beat Trav. Lucky for Trav he beat her or he would have never heard the end of it. It was fun to watch them come in and even made me jealous so maybe next year we can do it together.

3 comments:

ashlee said...

Trav, I am impressed! I still do those 5K runs and I am so glad when I am done! A bunch of people in my ward did this race too...I guess it's a good one! Anyways, Lanell, I would love to run a 5K with you next year in your preparation for the 1/2 marathon!

QB Family said...

I have a lot of admiration for those who run. I absolutely hate it. I have a few friends down here that have been trying to get me to run for years. Way to go Travis!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Hey Guys-
Welcome to the blog world.. My max is probably 7 miles at the most. Maybe I can push myself next year to do a half...Jamie ran that same half marathon..

Hopefully we can see you guys soon. We haven't seen anyone for awhile. We keep ourselves up in Salt Lake a lot..

JT